Question: How do I get my baby to sleep at night?
My baby wakes up by 12 am and doesn’t sleep till 4 am. What can I do?
Welcome to motherhood. It’s completely normal for babies to have funny sleeping patterns that early in life. Some sleep through the night and leave their mums to worry if they are okay while others don’t sleep at all, wearing their mums out.
Most babies have their day-night mixed up. It will even out with time.
That said, these tips can make things better;
1. Pump into bottles for night feeding. That way, your baby gets enough milk faster.
2. Know your baby’s hunger cues. Some mums stay awake for no reason not knowing what to do with their crying baby. It can be just hunger.
3. Try swaddling. It makes babies feel like they are still on the womb.
4. Rockinin Hold your baby close and rock from side to side. This naturally will make her drowsy.
5. Keep activities low: Minimize sounds and activities late at night. That way your baby gets used to the night idea.
6. Don’t engage: At night when your baby wakes up. Avoiding cooing and smiling. This will only make her more active. -Mama Matron