No owambe this weekend and you are craving party jollof? This is the article you need!
There is just something special about party jollof. Do I have a witness in the house? Lol! The fire wood taste, the crispiness of the rice and the taste always stand out.
4 Medium Red Bell Peppers (Tatashe)
2 Medium Size Tomatoes
2 Small Scotch Bonnet (Ata Rodo)
Chicken or Beef Stock
2 Large Onions
2 Tablespoons of Butter
1 Tablespoon of Minced Ginger
1. Blend the peppers- bell pepper, tomatoes and scotch bonnet together with one onion into a smooth paste.
2. Pour the oil into a big pot to heat it up before adding your onions. Fry for a minute and then add the pepper.. Season to taste.
3. Cover the pot to fry the content for about 20 minutes and add your bay leaves.
4. Add the meat sock and leave to fry for another 10 minutes.
5. Wash the rice thoroughly (parboil if you want) and pour into it.
6. Add little water if need be (the stock should be enough to cook the rice)
7. Add butter and ginger and stir gently to mix properly with a wooden spoon.
8. When properly cooked, add onion rings and tomatoes.
9. Stir to break up clumps
Now your owambe “party jollof rice” is ready. Enjoy.
What recipe will you like me to write about? Send a mail to email@example.com
Let’s connect on social!