Are you struggling with a bitting toddler? It doesn’t make you a bad parent or your tot a bad child. Many toddlers bite because they can’t find another way to express themselves.
These are the most common reasons for bitting and how to stop them.
3. They are looking for a reaction from you
4. Seeking attention
5. Minimal Communication Skills
7. Poor impulse control
8. Exploring the environment
9. Expressing their feelings
10. Testing Boundaries
How to stop them
1. Firmly say NO Bitting!
2. Give toddler size consequences such as ignoring him for some minutes
3. Give him more attention
4. Tell him what to do next time instead of bitting. He will get it eventually.
5. Don’t wait till he is too tired before getting some rest
6. Avoid the triggers.