Making the decision to try for a baby is a huge milestone in life. One in which you must be mentally and physically prepared.
But is your body ready for this nine-month pregnancy journey?
Below is a list of things you can do to prepare yourself for conception a few months before time.
1. Fertility Detox
Detoxing will help the body absorb more nutrients from food, feel less fatigued, clear the skin, improve fertility and create a healthier home for your new, growing baby.The various ways to carry out a fertility cleanse include;
- Sweating via healthy exercising like walking, jogging, dancing, swimming
- Epsom Salt Baths which help to draw out toxins through the skin. Use the salts in a hot bath for a relaxing and therapeutic way to cleanse the body.
- Use of Liver Cleansing Herbs like Milk Thistle, Dandelion which can be made into a tea, or taken as a pill.
2. Eating a Healthy Fertility Diet
Eat more whole foods, fruits, and Vegetables and cut out sugar, caffeine, and processed foods. Examples of fertility superfoods include eggs, avocados, flaxseed, Beef liver, Fish e.t.c
3. Take a good Prenatal Multivitamin
Not just any prenatal vitamin but one whose nutrients are bio-available for absorption and use by the body. You can choose from good brands like FertilAid, Pregnacare, Vitamin Code
Stress can wreak havoc on your body by boosting cortisol levels, which can suppress ovulation and decrease sperm count and sex drive.
Things to help you manage your stress levels include Yoga, Meditation, Breathing exercises, Visualization, Massage, and Sleep.
5. Practice positive affirmations
Taking the time to prepare for pregnancy isn’t always possible but if you have the opportunity, do it! A healthy body will lead to a happy and healthy pregnancy, birth, baby and journey to parenthood and guess what??? It’s worth it
Until next time… Fertility Blessings To You