Premature Ovarian Failure (POF) also know as Ovarian Hypofunction happens when the ovaries cannot function normally before the age of 40.
A lot of people think POF is premature menopause whereas menopause is a natural process a body goes through as it ages.
POF may occur when…
1. A woman’s follicles are low or few (follicles are small sacs filled with fluid inside the ovaries)
2. A woman’s ovaries are not functioning properly
3. An autoimmune disease happens (produces antibodies that attack the ovaries killing the follicles)
You may be asking, how do I know I have POF? (Symptoms)
1. Infertility (unexplained infertility)
2. Menstrual periods
3. Night Sweats
4. Vaginal dryness
5. Low sexual urge (libido)
7. Inability or difficulty in focusing and so much more.
If you notice these symptoms, go for the following tests.
1. Estrogen and FSH levels tests
3. Blood test (Anti-Mullerian Hormone AMH or Mullerian Inhibiting Hormone.
If you have been diagnosed with POF already, reach out to me!
Contact us: 07056191614, email@example.com, Instagram: @fertilemoms