Having a baby during a Pandemic like COVID-19 can be scary. It’s already a difficult and confusing time for everyone without adding a baby to the equation. Now is a good time to join the NEW MUMS HUB COMMUNITY.New Mums Hub is a community of mums and mums-to-be who help one another through the different challenges and stages of motherhood and parenting in Nigeria.
Join other women in our community now to help you navigate this journey.
Here are important things to note if you are having a baby during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends everyone 2 years and older wear a nose mask in public, so it’s a smart idea to pack extras in your bag.
- Hand sanitizer. Pack a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol (often listed on the label as ethanol, ethyl alcohol, isopropanol, or 2-propanol).
- Wash your hands with soap and water often
- Wear a mask whenever you leave the house
- Avoid entertaining guests and visitors to reduce the risk of catching the virus
- Stay away from anyone who is sick
- The final weeks before your delivery are an important time to continue social distancing. This means limiting contact with people outside your immediate family. This will lower your risk of getting COVID-19 just before you have your baby.
Asides from the new additions of Hand Sanitizers and Face Mask, see the standard hospital bag content checklist below.
- 2 Sleepsuits
- Bathing Soap
- Baby lotion
- Homecoming Outfit
- Feeding Bottle
- Cotton wool
- Baby Wipes
- Baby net
- Nursing Bra
- Change of clothes
- Breast Pump
- Breast Pads
- Mum Pads
- Nipple Cream
See the video below for more.
Just For Baby: Here are 10 Must-have Items For Your Baby In Your Hospital Bag