Castor oil is derived from the seeds of the Castor plant (Ricinus communis), also known as Palma Christi. Castor oil has been used for thousands of years, going as far back as far as 4,000 years.
What is a Castor Oil Pack?
A Castor Oil Pack is a cloth soaked in castor oil which is placed on the skin to enhance proper blood circulation and promote healing of the tissues and organs underneath the skin.
How do I use a Castor Oil Pack?
Castor oil packs have helped women overcome all sorts of fertility issues caused by poor circulation, congestion, and toxin accumulation. Castor oil packs are used to help heal tissues underneath the skin and increase circulation and blood flow to the area over which the pack is applied.
It has also been used as a great, supportive and relaxing therapy for:
- Supporting ovarian health
- Detoxifying before conception
- Supporting uterine health
- Healing Fibroids
- Supporting Egg Health
- Supporting fallopian tube health
How to prepare your Castor Oil Pack Materials
- Hot water bottle
- One flannel cloth
- One bottle of cold pressed Castor oil
- Plastic wrap cut one to two inches larger than the flannel (can be cut from a plastic bag)
- Old clothes and sheets because Castor oil will stain clothing and bedding.
Step-by-step guide on how to do Castor Oil Packs
- Place the flannel in the container. Soak it in castor oil so that it is saturated, but not dripping.
2. Place the pack over the affected body part, stomach in case of fertility.
3. Cover with plastic.
4. Place the hot water bottle over the pack. Leave it on for 30-45 minutes. Rest while the pack is in place.
5. After removing the pack, cleanse the area with a diluted solution of water and baking soda.
6. Store the pack in a covered container in the refrigerator. Each pack may be reused up to 25-30 times.
Important things to note:
- Only use castor oil packs from the day after menstruation ends until ovulation when actively trying to conceive. If you are not going to actively try to conceive, Castor oil packs can be used from when menstruation ends through the rest of the cycle. Should you suspect that you are indeed pregnant, discontinue use immediately.
- Apply these packs for several consecutive days each week or every other day for several weeks. How often you repeat the process is up to you and the time you have available.
- Within a few weeks, the Castor oil packs should begin to increase circulation to your reproductive area, helping to clear out congestion in the reproductive tract.
Women who suffer from fallopian tube blockages and/or endometriosis may have to apply these fertility-supporting packs to their abdomen for several months to experience their true benefits
Do you have other fertility questions, reach out to @fertilemoms on Instagram